Welcome to Preferred Payments. This is our Privacy Statement For Personal Information Collected On This Website.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Preferred Payments, LLC and our affiliated companies such as Prizm, LP (“Preferred,” “Prizm,” “our,” and “we”) appreciate your interest in our products and services and visit to this Website and to everyone who visits and uses our software, technology, services, websites, online and mobile applications including without limit our web-based platform (collectively, the “Website”.) We regard our customers as our most valuable asset. We recognize that building a long-term business relationship with you depends in large part on trust. Earning your trust begins with our commitment to protect your privacy.
We provide this online privacy statement to make you aware of our privacy practices and the choices you may make about the way your personal information is collected and used.
What Information We Collect
We have designed the Website so that you can visit without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information unless you choose to do so. Visitors to the Website are asked to provide personal information such as name and e-mail address if they want to communicate with us (e.g., to ask a question or request information). If you choose not to provide us with personal information, you can still access most portions of the Website. This policy does not apply to third-party websites, products, or services, even if they link to Preferred’s or Prizm’s services, products or the Website, and you should consider the privacy practices of those third-parties carefully.
Technical Information – Preferred does collect non-personally identifiable information online. Preferred uses third-party tracking applications to measure and analyze site traffic. These applications may collect information such as your computer’s operating system and browser type, IP address, date and time of access, address of a referring website, if any, etc. and may track a user’s path through the Website and affiliated websites (“Affiliate Sites”). Preferred uses this information to enhance the user’s experience at the Website and to prepare future content based on the interests of users.
Personal Information – Preferred will not through its websites collect, store, or release any personal identifying information about you without first receiving your consent. If you visit this website or if you affirmatively contact Preferred and request information, you are consenting to Preferred’s collection of information about you such as but not limited to your name, title, company name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, flight preferences, and requirements.
Affiliate Sites may offer you the opportunity to purchase branded merchandise online. In connection with those purchases, you may be asked to submit personal information, such as your shipping address and credit card information that is required to complete the transaction. Credit card data will be protected by Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) or other encryption mechanisms.
Other types of information we collect from you may include:
- Business and home address;
- Your image or fingerprint(s) (collectively “Biometric Data,”) expressly authorized by you in the respective Agreement(s) with Preferred related to your use of Preferred products and services, and from the first time you share or use any such information or data. We do not collect, store, share, or sell any Biometric Data. Preferred only uses such products to verify your identity via third parties. You can opt out of using your Biometric Data at any time by adjusting the settings on your Device, or in your account settings in the Website;
- IP address,
- Device Type;
- Operating system and Internet browser type;
- Operating system name and version;
- Device manufacturer and model;
- E-mail address;
- Phone (or mobile) number;
- Credit/debit card numbers;
- Bank account information;
- Purchase, return, and/or exchange information;
- How you use our Products, search terms, pages you visit on our mobile applications, products and merchants viewed, and Website performance, as discussed further below;
- Geo-location while the Website is active, in use, running in the background, or connected to your Device as expressly authorized by you in the respective Agreement(s) with Preferred and at the first time you share or use any such information or data. Preferred does not store or sell any Geo-location data;
- Plug-ins, add-ons, and language version of the Affiliate Sites you are visiting;
- Your uploaded information, including inquiries, notices, and other communication; and
- Usage data such as your time spent on the Website, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences and pages that led you to the Website.
If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services, or information. In such case, we will let you know and strive to find a solution so that you can enjoy the Website.
Automated Information Collection:
We may connect information collected automatically with information we already have about you collected through the Website in order to authenticate your identity. If we are able to identify you as a Product User we may, for example, link your activity on one of our other Products. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us – online or mobile or from one Website to the another.
In order to provide the best user experience possible, we also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on or using the Website, the performance of our marketing efforts, a merchant’s marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
Mobile: Once you download or use the Website, we may receive information about your Geo-Location and your mobile Device, including a unique identifier for your Device. You can change your preferences at any time within the respective Website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camera: We may use your cameras and access your gallery with your consent. We use that information for providing safe and better services and identification purpose.
Microphone: We may access the microphone in your Device(s), with your consent, to provide better and convenient services.
E-mail Communications: We use email communication for secured authentication as well as to provide very useful and interesting information regarding your requests. This communication also helps us to deliver the best service we can to you.
Text: We use text communication to authenticate and verify your identity and to offer you promotions.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information or use it for our Products. This includes your name, picture, payment accounts linked to your Device, Biometric Data linked to your Device, including facial recognition and fingerprints. For instance, we obtain your Geo-Location information, following your consent as set forth above, to enhance user and service experience as our intent is to respond to your requests using convenient and nearby store possible.
How We Use the Information
Information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used to fulfill your request in accordance with applicable law. Preferred and Prizm use personal information to understand your needs better, to provide better service, and to communicate with you (e.g., answer your questions, respond to your requests). We may also send you an email to confirm your request and may need to contact you via phone, postal mail, or email if we have other questions regarding your request. You may receive emails from us regarding our products, services, special events and promotions. We use the information we collect from you to target advertisements for our services on the Website, Other Sites and third party websites you visit, where allowed by applicable law, and as further described in the Section below titled Online Tracking. From time to time, we may also send you emails, or text messages as expressly authorized by you under the respective agreement with Preferred.
We also use the information collected to do the following:
- Provide interactive features on the Website, such as responding to inquiries;
- Administer promotions and surveys;
- Respond and provide services promptly; and
- Authenticate your identity.
- Improve the effectiveness of products, services, and marketing efforts; and
- Conduct research and analysis and customize individual preferences.
Prevention of Fraud and Other Harm:
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and otherwise protect you and our business.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries.
Legal Disclosure – Please note that Preferred and Prizm will, under certain circumstances permitted or required by law or court order, collect, use, and/or disclose personal information collected online pursuant to procedures that do not require giving notice or providing other privacy protections (for example, in connection with law enforcement investigations). Additionally, Preferred and Prizm may share personal information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in the following cases: (1) when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or to anyone that could be harmed by such activities; (2) when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; (3) to our affiliate companies including service providers or to any third party who may acquire Preferred; and (4) in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
Choice and Onward Transfer of Data
As described above, Preferred and Prizm will offer the opportunity to opt out of disclosure to third parties of personal information we collect online from you. We will not use the personal information you provide to us online for purposes incompatible with those described above or subsequently authorized by you without first notifying and offering you an opportunity to opt out of such use.
Access to Your Information
Preferred and Prizm strive to keep your personal information accurate. We provide access to the personal information we collect online from you so that you may review, update, amend, correct, or delete it. If you choose to delete it, we will use reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from our files. To protect your privacy and security, we also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access. You may at any time contact us with any privacy questions or concerns you may have, and ask to see the personal data you have on file and request a correction or deletion by any means shown on our Contact Us or via email: email@example.com.
Data Security, Integrity, and Retention
Preferred is committed to ensuring the security and integrity of your personal information. We use industry standard Internet security technology and have adopted reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to maintain and safeguard the personal information you provide to us online. These procedures protect the information against unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, misuse, alteration, and/or destruction. They also help ensure the information is accurate and used properly.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the websites cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
We retain your personal information as long as we are providing the services to you. We retain personal information after we cease providing Services directly or indirectly to you, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. We also retain your personal information to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Although the Website is not directed at children, we are committed to complying with all applicable laws and requirements, such as the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information relating to a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems. We take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- In accordance with applicable law, and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity; and
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
This policy is in accordance with COPPA and outlines our practices in the United States regarding children’s personal information. For more information about COPPA and general tips about protecting children’s online privacy, please visit OnGuard Online.
You are required to provide your consent prior to Preferred collecting, using, or disclosing any of your child’s personal information, including without limit, a child’s a name, address, phone number or email address; their physical whereabouts; photos, videos and audio recordings of the child, and persistent identifiers, like IP addresses, that can be used to track a child’s activities over time and across different websites and online services.
If your child attempts to use features on the Website that collects personal information, you will receive a notice about the information Preferred will collect. This is typically done when you purchase or before you authorize any use of any Preferred product or service.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact Preferred at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Unrelated Party Web Sites
Links to unrelated third party websites may be found on the Website and are provided solely as a convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. Preferred and Prizm have not reviewed these unrelated party websites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these websites, their content, or their privacy policies and practices.
Accessing or Deleting your information:
You have right to request all your personal information stored across the Website. You can make a request to delete all your Information. Completing your request may take four (4) weeks or more.
Personal Data Processed re Tokenization Services
If you request Preferred or Prizm to store your personal data such as the brand of the card, the card number, the name of the card holder as well as the expiration date of the card (hereinafter referred to as “Card Data”) and to provide you with a token for such Card Data (hereinafter referred to as a “Token”), then Preferred or Prizm, in its capacity of data processor, as default data retention period, will retain such Card Data and Token for a period of twenty-four (24) months as from the date of the last usage of the Token. You can opt to reduce the default data retention period of the Card Data and the Token via your settings in the Website. You will be responsible for any period selected.
At the end of the data retention period (the default or the reduced period) or if you request Preferred to erase a particular Token, the Card Data and the Token will be erased after a period of sixty (60) calendar days as from the expiration of the data retention period (the default or the reduced period) or as from the date of your request of erasure, subject to any contrary statutory, regulatory or contractual retention obligations which must be observed by Preferred. In some particular cases, only the Token will be erased and the Card Data won’t be linked anymore to this Token. The reason why Preferred continues to retain a Card Data and Tokens for an additional sixty (60) calendar days is for invoicing reasons (invoicing of the Token and track in case of dispute of the invoice). Under no circumstances will Preferred transfer or migrate Card Data or a Token back to you or a third party.
- Online Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
We and certain service providers operating on our behalf collect information about your activity, or activity on Devices associated with you, on the Website and applications using tracking technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and web beacons. Definitions for some of the tracking technologies listed, as well as information about your choices with respect to them, are available below. This tracking data may be used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to the Website, Other Sites, and our applications (for example, remembering your shipping information for future purchases);
- Deliver relevant content and advertising based on your preferences, usage patterns and location;
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize the use and operation of our sites and applications; and
- Analyze traffic on our sites and on the sites of third parties.
We may collect information whether or not you are logged in or registered and may associate this tracking data with your registration account (if you have one), in which case we will treat it as personal information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on our Website and applications, on Devices associated with you, and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners, data exchanges, and marketing analytics and other digital advertising and marketing service providers. You may also be able to choose to control targeted advertising on Other Sites and platforms that you visit. In addition, you may also choose to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and controls on your Devices (for example, by re-setting your mobile Device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads). We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
- Online Tracking Technologies.
Examples of online tracking technologies include:
- Flash cookies. We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and manner in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. Learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies.If you disable Flash cookies, you won’t have access to many features on the Website that make your guest experience more efficient, and some of our services will not function properly.
- Do Not Track.
Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Preferred to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of Preferred to third-parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes.
- Your CCPA Rights and Choices. As a California consumer and subject to certain limitations under the CCPA, you have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Exercising the right to know. You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
- Exercising the right to delete. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations under applicable law.
- Exercising the right to opt-out from a sale. You may request to opt out of any “sale” of your personal information that may take place. As described above, we do not use, share, rent or sell your personal information for interest-based advertising.
- Non-discrimination. The CCPA provides that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at 4580 Thousand Oaks Blvd, Suite 300 Westlake Village, CA 91362, Attn: Legal Department.
Please note that Preferred reviews its online privacy practices from time to time and those practices are subject to change. Therefore, users should periodically review this page to ensure familiarity with the most current version of our online privacy statement. Your continued use of the Website amounts to your express consent to any such updates or changes.
Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Practices
By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of this privacy statement, and you adhere to the terms and conditions posted on the Website. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please do not use this site or submit any personal information.